What GEAR UP Students Are Saying
Check out what GEAR UP students are saying after participating in Power of Hope programs at their schools:
• It’s truly a blessing to have been able to spend time with such a positive, skillful and creative little community.
• I honestly liked everything about this program. It was terrific. You really helped me in what I needed help on.
• I really liked the diversity of not only the people but also the different activities. I loved feeling welcome and appreciated and able to express myself in many different ways.
• The most important thing I learned is to be confident. I learned... How to be brave and not nervous
• I will definitely be more outgoing, able to express myself.
• I've come to understand not only myself as a human being, but others around me! And that no matter what race, or gender, or lifestyle, we're not that different.
• Being willing to try new things can complete you in a way you wouldn’t have thought.
• The thing that I liked most about the Power of Hope program was that it was a lot of fun and the best part is that I made new friends.
• The most important thing I learned is to be a leader, to have fun, to be the power of change!
• Because of what I experienced at Power of Hope, I will participate in the goal of making my community a better place.
• The most important thing I learned is that success has many different definitions. I can accomplish anything if I set my mind to it! Because of this program I'll have more of a plan, and set more goals for myself, short and long term.
• [Because of this experience] I will try to get my friends out of drugs and gang violence.
• I learned how to control my emotions. I won't hurt myself anymore. I value who I am [and] I have a better relationship with my parents.
• I will probably be different by supporting everyone, and be more connected to different people.