C.O.R.E. for Teen Men
C.O.R.E. FOR YOUNG MEN
CREATIVITY. OPPORTUNITY. RESPONSIBILITY. EMPOWERMENT!
The Power of Hope and the YMCA’s Black Achievers present C.O.R.E., a seven-month creative leadership program for young men looking to develop tools for increasing personal strength, working with others, and making change in their communities. C.O.R.E is based on the understanding that our world needs young people to speak up and assume leadership on issues they care about. Within a community of supportive peers and adult mentors participants will gain the skills and confidence to make a difference in their schools and communities.
The program will bring together 40 young men and 20 male mentors from diverse communities in the
Over the course of seven months participants will:
- Strengthen their voice
- Discover their gifts and strengths
- Explore issues that affect them as young men
- Learn strategies for developing positive relationships
- Develop cross-cultural skills
- Learn facilitation and leadership skills
- Understand how to set and achieve goals